Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Grand Rapids?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Grand Rapids? Generally, you have three primary areas of your property for video protection: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Although your provider will be able to suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Protect Your Main Entrance
While it may seem crazy that an intruder would attempt to simply walk in primary entrance, 34% of intrusions take place near this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other dangers to consider. A video doorbell is perfect to handle all of these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you are able to converse with any visitors who walk up and press the button. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you may respond to each instance with 2-way talk and live video and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor attempts something criminal, you will have your camera record a clip and deliver it to your smartphone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging task. Luckily, there are some useful suggestions to help ensure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Grand Rapids house provide an impressive viewing angle, seeing two segments of your property.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or straight into a piece of cladding or edging are excellent options for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is an easier entryway for intruders than you may know!
- Over a patio or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to prune any brush and branches that could obscure the camera’s view.
Suggestions For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Grand Rapids. But the additional adaptability does mean there are other installation variables to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light through a window may cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Direct the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras on top of bookcases or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your devices in locations where children or pets can’t tamper with them. You might consider mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best video camera will fail to be of much use if you have a plant obstructing the field of vision. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Just call (616) 207-3771 or submit the form below to start your project.