How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Grand Rapids
Home security cameras can simply be installed as a hindrance—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras come armed with an array of features all built to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these tools empower you to get the most from security cameras in Grand Rapids.
How To Set Up Your Grand Rapids Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your security cameras at the perfect spots around your home is the first place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common rooms such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great notion to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your porch, front walk, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your home that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your guests ought to be a primary regard before installing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the first step in extracting the most out of home security cameras in Grand Rapids. The additions listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to film and save clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way talk: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone with the unit. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Grand Rapids is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (616) 207-3771 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security system today.