What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Grand Rapids
You understand you have to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your family and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the right form of home protection? Whether or not to use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading decisions you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Grand Rapids and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at all times. If a window sensor activates or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring specialists get an immediate notification. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional backup. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you must act to remedy the situation. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Grand Rapids
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system on your side is always a good choice. If you are not on site, asleep, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could entitle you to a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and seamless integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will discover on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Countless individuals would rather have work done by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation may be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Grand Rapids
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: DIYers could deem this to be an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other residents may wish to use an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can integrate equipment when you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You have complete control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t receive a security warning? This scenario will lead to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require help during the installation, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Grand Rapids
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Grand Rapids from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the right solution for you. Dial (616) 207-3771 today to get started.