Valuable Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In Grand Rapids
Deterrence is a significant part of your home’s protection, and one of the best ways to keep burglars away from your entry points is through the use of lights. A properly lit landscape not only looks great, it’s also less likely to be invaded. If you would like to upgrade your property’s defense, explore these worthwhile tips for home security lighting in Grand Rapids. We have a few ideas for outdoor and indoor illumination that will benefit your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Landscape Lighting
The proper exterior lighting and strategically placed surveillance cameras will help immensely in keeping invaders off your property. Implement the following Grand Rapids outdoor lighting suggestions.
- Light your entrances: Front and back doors are still the most likely spots for invasions. Ensure those entryways are well-lit but don’t neglect your garage. While intense motion-activated floodlights are a common installation in this area, it’s not your only possibility. Rather than blinding your neighbors each time a critter scurries past, you can choose less offensive lights that remain on during the night. Make no mistake, intense, motion-activated floodlights may scare off prowlers, but having a well-placed light that stays on is more likely to keep them out of your yard altogether.
- Implement versatile task lights: Those beautiful lights next to your paver walkway do more than show you the way at night. They also let you see parts of your landscape you may otherwise not be able to from the inside.
- Add allure and protection with accents: Not only for added appeal, accent lights are an effective way to brighten areas that might otherwise be utilized as places to hide. You can place accents in mulch beds outside ground-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or near trees and hedges. These lights offer a dazzling effect while enhancing your security.
- Illuminate the edges of your property: A thorough lighting strategy should also include your perimeter. Shining light your fence, gates, and outer boundaries of your property can go a long way to dissuade burglars.
How To Elevate Security With Interior Lighting in Grand Rapids
Home security lighting in Grand Rapids consists of more than merely outdoor illumination. Your indoor lights play a role in improving safety as well. Smart light bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s protection are valuable for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling: Set your lights to a schedule and make it appear like the house is occupied. This is an easy deterrent and a sensible strategy if you’re traveling.
- Access from anywhere: If you leave on a vacation but don’t remember to put lights on a schedule, you can still turn them on through your useful smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security devices: If the motion detector on your outside camera trips, you could have an inside light illuminate automatically. This action is another deterrent to trespassers.
Discourage Intruders Even More With A Home Security System In Grand Rapids From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Fortify your well-illuminated property with the ultimate in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in Grand Rapids allow you to control and automate all sorts of smart devices, including your lights. Call (616) 207-3771 today to design a package for your home.